Back to Winners
Cultural Personality of the Year 2015
His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashed Al Maktoum
United Arab Emirates
A few of the numerous achievements of His Highness:
1. Creating strategic plans to maintain the country’s sustainable development, consolidating justice and social welfare, and overseeing the highly visible change process.
2. Establishing the ‘Mohammed bin Rasheed Al Actium Foundation,’ which pioneers initiatives across culture, entrepreneurship, employment, knowledge and education. Under His Highness’s leadership, the Foundation bridges the knowledge gap between the Arab region and the developed world, improving regional education and research standards, developing youth leadership programmes and stimulating job creation.
3. Launching numerous initiatives that reflect the ideal role model for youth while communicating with and inspiring their generation.
4. Protecting the rights of Arab women in general and Emirati women in particular by highlighting women’s crucial role in culture and society.
5. Giving equal attention to all segments of society, with a primary focus on children and young people.
6. Sponsoring a number of projects that define the cultural identity of Emirati society as well as promoting the language, literature and culture of the Arab nation.
7. Launching the Government Summit which is a showcase for the most important tools and strategies to enhance innovation in government departments.
8. Launching initiatives that reinforce the UAE’s national identity by encouraging young people to learn about their history and read more about their culture.
9. Sponsoring creative individuals and innovators, and promoting leaders through training and skills development programmes.
10. Establishing the International Humanitarian City for Humane Services as the world’s largest humanitarian aid hub which underpins the UAE’s continuous efforts to help victims of crises and families whose lives are scarred by hunger and poverty.