Abu Dhabi – December 5, 2018: The Sheikh Zayed Book Award (SZBA) announced today the longlist for the Young Author category, with 12 out of the 365 nominations received since May making the list for the 13th edition of the prize. The nominated works include narrative works as well as academic dissertations and critical studies.
The narrative works include:
- A’iad Al Shitaa (Winter Holidays) by Syrian author Nagham Haydar, published by Nofal- Hachette Antoine, Beirut (2018)
- Mawt Yashtahy Al Ward (A Death that Covets Roses) by Saudi writer Hassan Bin Abdou Sumaili, published by Le Centre Culturel Arabe - Adabi Riyadh (2018)
- La Reeh Lel Nai (No Wind for the Flute) by Emirati author Bushra Abdulla, published by Kuttab Publishing & Distribution (2016)
- Al Hadeeqa Dakhel Al Bait (The Garden Inside the House) by Jordanian writer Abdullah Abu Bakr, published by General Egyptian Book Organization (2018)
- Hamam Al Dar (The Dove of the House) by Kuwaiti writer Saud Alsanousi, published by Arab Scientific Publishers – Difaf Publishing (2017)
- Shahrayar Yahky Wa Yaqus (Shariar Tells Stories) by Moroccan writer Tawfiq Bamida, published by Dar Al Tanweer Printing & Publishing (2018)
The academic dissertations and critical studies include:
- Ehyaa Oloum Al Iskandariya (The Revival of Alexandrian Sciences) by Egyptian scholar Dr. Radwa Zaki, published by the General Organization of Culture Palaces (2017)
- Fe Al Tadawuliyat Al Istidlaliya (A Thorough Analysis of Concepts and Interpretation Processes) by Egyptian academic Dr. Tharwat Morsy, published by Dar Konoz El-Marefa Publishing & Distribution (2018)
- Al Ma’rifa Wal Sulta (Knowledge and Power: Approaching the Worlds of Michel Foucault) by Moroccan scholar Omar Al Tawer, published by Editions Approaches (2018)
- Rouh Al Qiyam Wa Houriyat Al Mafaheem (The Essence of Values and the Freedom of Social Concepts) by Algerian scholar Dr. Abderrezak Belagrouz, published by The Arabian Establishment for Thought and Innovation (2017)
- Wa Ma Yabqa Yo’assesoh Al Fann (What Remains is Constructed by Art: Ballet, Opera and Composition) by Algerian academic Baha Bennouar, published by Dar Fadaat Publishing & Distribution (2018)
- Afriqya: Unas Layso Methlona (Africa: The People Who Are Not Like Us) by Lebanese academic Mohammad Tarazi, published by Arab Scientific Publishers (2018)
The last few weeks have seen the announcement of the Award’s longlists in the Literature, Development, Arts and Critical Studies and Child Literature categories. Further announcements on the longlisted titles in the remaining categories will be made in the next few weeks.