Abu Dhabi December 04 – 2017 The Sheikh Zayed Book Award (SZBA) announced today its longlist for ‘Contribution to the Development of Nations’, counting 11 titles out of 131 nominations received in the category.
The category longlist named the following works:
- ‘tafkeek ‘al-‘aql ‘al-osooli’:’al-naz’at ‘al-jihadiyya fil diyanat ‘al-thalath ‘al-ibrahimiyya’ (Deciphering the Fundamentalist mind: Jihadist Dispositions in the Three Abrahamic Religions) by Egyptian author Salah Salem, published by General Egyptian Book Organization, Cairo (2017)
- ‘Ixir ‘al-tanmiya: jadaliyyat ‘al-tanmiya wal thaqafa’ (The Elixir of Development: the Dialectic of Development and Culture) by Saudi writer Khadr Mohammad AbdulRahman Al Shaybani, published by Obeikan, Riyadh (2016)
- ‘sawt ‘al-imam: ‘al-khitab ‘al-dini minal siyaq ‘ilal talaqqi’ (The Voice of the Imam: The Religious Discourse, from Context to Comprehension) by Egyptian scholar Ahmad Zayed, published by Dar Al Ain (2017)
- ‘al-fikr ‘al-siyasi ‘al-irani: juthouroh, rawafidoh, ‘atharoh’ (The Iranian Political Thought) by Emirati author Sultan al-Nuaimi, published by Madarek (2017)
- ‘’dawlat ‘al-imarat ‘al-arabiya ‘al-mutahida: bayna tarseekh ‘al-hawiyya wa ta’zeez ‘al-intima’’ (The United Arab Emirates: Consolidation of identity and reinforcement of pertinence) by Emirati scholar Suaad Aloraimi, published by The Emirates Centre for Strategic Studies and Research (2017)
- ‘al-ibara li ‘aristo fi shorouh ‘al-falasifa ‘al-muslimeen wa ta’weel al-mu’asireen’ (The Expression of Aristotle; in the Annotations of Muslim Philosophers and the Interpretation of Contemporaries) by Moroccan Scholar Youssef Ben Addi, published by Dar Al Rawafed al-Thaqafiyyah / Ibn al-Nadim, Algeria (2017)
- ‘’al-kitaba ‘al-tarikhiyya wa manahej ‘al-naqd ‘al-tarikhi ‘ind ‘al-muslimeen’ (Historical Script and the Historical Islamic Critical Methods) by Egyptian Researcher Ayman Sayyid, published by Dar al-Masriah al-Lubnaniah, Cairo (2017)
- ‘man hom ‘al-arab: tarikhohom montho bidayat ‘al-insan hatta ‘al-bi’tha ‘al-nabawiyya’ (Who are the Arabs: Their History from the Dawn of Humanity until the Prophetic mission) by Saudi scholar Dr. Hasan Jaber, published by Dar Al-Kalam, Beirut (2017)
- ‘ibn tamlous: ‘al-faylasouf wal tabeeb’ (Ibn Ṭumlūs: (d.620/1223) A Bio-Bibliography) by Moroccan author Fouad Ben Ahmed, published by Difaf Publishing (2017)
- ‘nahwa manhajiyya ‘ilmiyya ‘islamiyya: tawteen ‘al-‘ilm fi thaqafatina’ (Towards a Scientific, Islamic Methodology) by Egyptian academic Yomna Al-Khouly, published by the Arabian Establishment for Thought and Innovation, Beirut (2017)
- ‘al-‘aql ‘al-islami wal tanweer: jadaliyyat ‘al-‘abd wal sayyed’ (The Islamic Intellect and Enlightenment: The Dialectic of the Slave and the Master) by Moroccan academic Aziz Hadadi, published by Dar al-Talia, Beirut (2015)
The Award’s longlist in ‘Literature’, ‘Young Author’ and ‘Critical Studies’ categories have been announced recently with further announcements of longlisted titles in the rest of the categories to be made within the coming few weeks.