Abu Dhabi, December 13, 2017– The Sheikh Zayed Book Award (SZBA( today announced its longlist for “Children’s Literature” Category, selecting 13 titles out of 135 nominations received in the category since last May. The 135 nominations came from 16 Arab countries, mostly from Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, UAE and Saudi Arabia.
Out of the 13 works, the longlist includes three titles published by Academia International, Lebanon; namely:
- ‘min labiss thiyab sanjoob?’ (Who wore Sanjoob’s Clothes?) by Lebanese author Salma Atallah, published in 2017;
- ‘al-thi’b wal sada’ (The Wolf and the Echo) by Lebanese author Hasan Khalil Abdallah, published in 2017;
- ‘samt hadi’ (Hadi’s Silence) by Lebanese author Rania Zbib Dhaher, published in 2017;
In addition, the list included the following titles are as follows;
- ‘kookh ni’mat’ (Ni’mat’s Hut) by Lebanese novelist Wafa’a Al Huseini, published by Dar Kitab Samer, Beirut, 2017
- ‘’al-‘imlaq ‘al-‘imlaq hona wa honak’ (The Giant, the giant, here and there) by Lebanese writer Rania Zaghir, published by Khayyat Saghir, Beirut, 2016
- ‘’al-misbah wal zujaja’ (The Lamp and the bottle), By Egyptian author Amr Al-Adly, published by Rewaq, Cairo, 2017
- ‘fi bilad allah ‘al-wasi’a’ (In the Vast Lands of God) by Lebanese novelist Basma Khatib, published by Dar Adab, Beirut, 2017
- ‘’ana salma’ (I am Salma) by Syrian author Lina Hawyan Al-Hasan, published by Hakayaa, Beirut, 2017
- ‘mughamara ‘ajeeba ghareeba’ (A Strange Adventure) by Jordanian novelist Taghreed al- Najjar, published by al-Salwa, Jordan, 2017
- The adolescents Novel ‘lam akon atawaqqa’’ (I was not expecting) by Jordanian novelist Rashed Issa, published by Dar Dijlah, Jordan, 2017
- ‘jada’el khadra’a’ (Green Braids) by Syrian author Muhannad Al-Aqous, published by Kalimat, UAE, 2017
- ‘’al-dinoraf’ (the Dynoraf) by Emirati author Hessa Almehairi, published by Al Hudhud Publishing and Distribution, UAE, 2017.
‘kitab ‘al-tasa’olat’ (The Book of Questions) by Saudi author Dalia Toonsi, published by Arwa Al-Arabeia, Jeddah, 2016