Abu Dhabi October 27, 2015- The Sheikh Zayed Book Award (SZBA) announced today its long list for the tenth cycle consisting of 15 titles out of 270 nominations received in Four months. The 270 nominations came from 19 Arabic-speaking countries most of which were from Egypt, Morocco, Jordan, Saudi Arabia and Iraq, in addition to six non-Arab countries; Germany, Sweden, Norway, United Kingdom, Holland and the United States.
The long listed titles include three titles published by Dar Al Saqi, Beirut;
- “Salatun libidayat al Saqee’’” (A Prayer for the Beginning of Frost) by Lebanese poet Abbas Beydoun (2015.)
- “Ziryab” by Saudi Arabian Novelist; Maqbul al-Alawi (2014).
- “Bakhur ‘adani” (Incense from Aden); by Yemeni Novelist Ali Al-Muqri (2014).
As well as three more titles published by Al Dar Al Masriah Al Lubnaniah,Cairo;
- “Al moriski al ‘akheer” (The Last Moor), by Egyptian novelist Sobhi Moussa (2015).
- “Ma wara’a al kitaba” (Beyond Writing) by Egyptian novelist Ibrahim Abdelmeguid ( 2014).
- “yahdoth fee Baghdad” (Happening in Baghdad) by Iraqi writer Rasool Mohammed Rasool (2014).
The remaining titles are as follows;
|“Taqs” (weather)||Amir Tag Elsir||Sudanese||Bloomsbury Qatar Foundation Publishing 2015|
|“Ila ayna ta’khodoni ayyohal shi’r”(where are you taking me O poetry)||Chawki Bazih||Lebanese||Dar Al Adab, Beirut 2015|
|“Nazarat la ta’rif al ‘hayaa’’ (Glances that do not know modesty)||Mahmoud Hassan Aljassem||Syrian||Arab Scientific Publishers, Inc. Beirut 2015|
|“Al malek al jahily yataqa’ad” (Al-Jahily king retires)||Fahd Al Ateq||Saudi||Arab Institute for Research and Publishing, Beirut 2014.|
|“Al kheeraf al dhalla” (Lost Sheep).||Ahmed Juma||Bahraini||Dar Al-Farabi, Beirut 2013.|
|“Al khasr wal watan” (the waist and the homeland)||Hanan Derkaoui||Moroccan writer residing in France||Afrique Orient, Morocco 2014|
|“Banat qaos quzah” (Daughters of the rainbow)||Moncef Ouhaïbi||Tunisian||Dar Afeq Perspectives, Tunisia 2015.|
|“Thi’bat al hob wal kutub” (The she-wolf of love and books)||Muhsin al-Ramli||Iraqi writer residing in Madrid||Dar Al-Mada, Baghdad 2015|
|“Murawighoon qusaa” (Ruthless Crooks)||Yousef Damra||Jordanian||Dar Fadaat, Jordan 2014|
The titles will be sent next to 3-4 judges for a thorough review and assessment- a process which takes up to 4 months. The Judges submit their views to the Scientific Committee for a third round of evaluations to decide on the short list of the best nominations in this category, to be finally introduced to the Board of Trustees for winner’s announcement’